Saturday, June 23, 2012

Out of Town


This afternoon, in a mad dash from the lodge to the hanger, I managed to catch a ride on the afternoon sight-seeing tour:


Jael, our cook, flew the kitchen, and she took me along in her Pacer for an out-of-town whirl. We didn't go too far, just up river to see the smaller lake south of Tanalian, on around the mountain and down Lake Clark a short distance.


Flying can give things a new perspective.


Still, we made it home again in time for an afternoon slice of cantaloupe. (That's another big treat around here.) Then it was back to work at the lodge. One month down, and a summer to go!

2 comments:

Krista M.V. said...

Wow, beautiful scenery! Reminds me of Middle-earth! ;)

Audrey said...

I think it's a pretty amazing area too, Krista! Being here has made me think a lot about how big this earth actually is--there is just so much space here, with so few people living in it.

Post a Comment