Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Back Again, Almost


Hello again!

I haven't exactly been on top of things this year. My last post was about five months ago, or 159 days if you want to be precise. At the time, my husband, toddler and I were in the UK, and we've only now gotten back to our home state. 

Craziness might be the best word to describe this summer, considering it started with over 12 hours of flying and ended with driving across the entire US--with a toddler who dislikes long car-rides no less. But we made it.

We're technically not settled yet, since we wanted to take our time about deciding where we would be living for the next couple of years. We've planned another four months in temporary lodging while we make those decisions, but for now, our longest car-ride will be under two hours to visit family.

I meant to post more and tell some of the stories from our trip, but the craziness was a bit too much for that. I have worked on a few projects over the summer, including practicing some coding and html so I can work on websites. I also worked on some outlining for one of my novels a couple of times, but that needs a lot more focus still. I'd like to make that happen in the next couple of months, possibly using NaNoWriMo as my personal Finish Writing a Novel session. We'll have to see how that goes, though...

What about you? Any goals for NaNoWriMo or just for finishing a particular project by the end of this year?

4 comments:

Amber Stokes said...

It's great to get an update from you, Audrey! Wow - it sounds like it's been quite the summer! How was your time in the UK? Was it for work or pleasure? I hope you're able to find just the right place to settle into soon. :)

That's awesome that you're learning about HTML and coding! And best wishes on your NaNoWriMo goals. I'm hoping to finish a long overdue novella by the end of the year (Where Trains Collide). :)

~Amber

Audrey Sauble said...

Thanks, Amber! We had a lot of fun. It wasn't a work trip, but Daniel's job is a remote position, so we decided to take advantage of the extra flexibility and travel while we could.

Good luck with your novella!

Amy Lewis said...

Hoping NaNo gives you the impetus you need to accomplish some goals, in and among the joys of mothering--times two!

Audrey Sauble said...

It's been helping so far, Amy! I'm around 25K right now, so I should be able to hit 60-70K words by the end of the year. After that, I should I have until April to get some editing done, before my brain turns into pregnancy mush.

Post a Comment