Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Creative Work: Photos

This week, Monday through Friday, I'm teaching an art class for 4-9 year olds with a few 2-3 year-olds wandering about. While the class has very little to do with writing or stories (which this blog is supposed to be about), it's been a major project for me, and I wanted to share some of the photos with you.

For the past couple of days, we've been very busy turning newspapers and a gallon and a half of glue from something very messy that looks like this:



...into some amazing papier maché eggs. All it tooks was a bit of tissue paper, some gold wrapping paper, a few sparkles, and lots of cleaning up afterwards!

Yesterday, I showed my class how to make a simple tissue paper flower like this one:


They created a flower garden with a brilliant variety of colors and styles.



I'm not sure how they did it, but my other projects will have to wait just a little longer...we're having too much fun with creativity right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment