Wednesday, November 7, 2012

NaNoWriMo


If you are reading this, it’s because I’ve lost my mind.

(Or, perhaps I’m just on the verge of insanity.)

As of today, I have completed the first week of the annual NaNoWriMo challenge.

In case you haven’t heard, November is National Novel Writing Month. During this month, an estimated 300,000 people will spend an enormous number of hours writing…and writing…and writing.

Those who complete the NaNoWriMo challenge will have completed 50,000 words by midnight on November 30. In some genres, this would be close to a complete novel. My project novel, being fantasy, should be about twice that length in its final state, but 50K words is no small part of the project.

In fact, I am writing this post while it is still October, before the race begins. I have no idea whether I will make it all the way to the finish, but…


…the fact that you are reading this means I’m still going.

5 comments:

Amber S. said...

Best wishes on your NaNo-ing! I'm not participating this year, but I do need to get back to working on my manuscript... It can be so hard to just sit down and focus! *sigh*

Are you going to see Corban's futuristic version of Macbeth? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

~Amber

Audrey said...

Thanks, Amber! I've had trouble focusing over the past year, but NaNo has been a huge incentive so far.

And yes, I'm planning to watch Macbeth on the 16th. I've heard from others that it might be worth a second viewing, so it should be good!

Joyce said...

Happy Writing!!

Joyce said...

And Wow, Let me know if you have any questions or need help, or whatever, This is my 2nd year. I am on the NaNoWriMO site as JoyceHeatherington as my ID.

Audrey said...

Thanks, Joyce! I'll look for you there.

Post a Comment