Friday, December 21, 2012

At Year's End

The year has been traveling fast…


Just this Tuesday, I looked at the calendar and realized that the following Tuesday would be Christmas day. There are Christmas cookies, and Christmas Carols, and even Muppet Christmas Carols in the air.

 
If I were better at journaling, I could tell you more of what this year has brought. Teaching logic, surprise beach trips, flights to Alaska, long work days, home with family and friends, some writing over the summer, lots of writing over November for NaNoWriMo, changes, surprises, expectations of changes, and lots of happiness.
 

By my count, there is only one more week left to this year. Next week, for my last blog post of the year, I am hoping to review a few more new books from my reading.

And then it will be the beginning of a new year. I expect even more changes to come in this next year, but the most important part of life doesn’t change, that:

“Down in a lowly manger
The humble Christ was born,
And God sent us salvation
That blessed Christmas morn.”

And so, in spite of presents and change and busyness:

“Come to Bethlehem and see
Him whose birth the angels sing;
Come adore on bended knee,
Christ the Lord, the newborn King.”

Merry Christmas, my friends!



 


2 comments:

Amber S. said...

Sounds like it's been a crazy (but hopefully exciting!) year for you!

Wishing you a merry Christmas and a blessed new year! :)

~Amber

Audrey said...

It has, Amber! Merry Christmas to you as well. I'll be looking forward to many more book reviews on your blog in the coming year!

Post a Comment